Governor Scott Announces 2012 Innovators in Business Award Winners
|Published Monday, December 10, 2012 7:00 am|
TALLAHASSEE, FL The winners of the 2012 Governors Innovators in Business Awards were announced today by Governor Rick Scott. The winners will be honored this evening during a reception at the Governor's Mansion.
Governor Scott said, I am proud to announce another group of award winners. My number one mission is to grow jobs for Florida families, and the successes these companies have experienced represent the job opportunities being created in Florida.
The awards recognize outstanding contributions toward improving and diversifying Florida's economy plus distinctive community investment efforts, particularly relating to industries targeted for economic development and high wage job growth. Enterprise Florida coordinates this annual program, formerly the Governors Business Diversification Awards, now in its 29th year.
Each winner represents one of the following markets:
Mid Market: County population up to 150,000
Major Market: County population 150,001 to 800,000
Mega Market: County population 800,001 and higher
The Award winners for each category are as follows:
Governors Business Expansion Award:For Florida companies that expanded their operations in 2011, investing capital and creating jobs for Floridians.
- Mid Market: Galaxy Home Solutions, Inc. (Sumter County)
- Major Market: Embraer Executive Aircraft Inc. (Brevard County)
- Mega Market: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (Miami-Dade County)
Governors Newcomer Award:For new-to-Florida companies that began business operations in 2011.
- Mid Market: ALM Technologies Inc (Nassau County)
- Major Market: AAR Airlift Group, Inc. (Brevard County)
- Mega Market (tie): Prime Therapeutics (Orange County)
- Mega Market (tie): Time Warner Business Services LLC (Hillsborough County)
Governors Export Excellence Award:For Florida companies with new or significant increases in documented export sales in 2011.
- Mid Market: Girard Equipment, Inc. (Indian River County)
- Major Market: AppRiver (Santa Rosa County)
- Mega Market: Q4 Services LLC (Orange County)
Governors Innovation & Entrepreneurship Award:For Florida start-up companies (less than five years old or with a product less than three years old) that have set a standard for entrepreneurship and creativity.
- Mid Market: B4C Technologies, LLC (Martin County)
- Major Market: LearnSomething Inc. (Leon County)
- Mega Market: Flagship Solutions Group (Palm Beach County)
Governor's Innovators Under 40 Award: New this year, this award recognizes Florida residents under 40 who own or lead a Florida company with annual revenue of $1M or more and who have created at least 10 jobs since January 2011. This category is well-represented in its inaugural year.
- 3Cinteractive, Mike FitzGibbon, co-founder and president (Palm Beach County)
- City Advertising, Darren Cleveland, president and CEO (Palm Beach County)
- Cybis Communications, Jeff Douglass, founder and CEO (Orange County)
- Datum Corporation, Tom Frost, CEO (Sarasota County)
- Envy Labs, Gregg Pollack, CEO and founder (Orange County)
- Hewes & Company, LLC, Allan Bell, partner (Escambia County)
- Modernizing Medicine, Daniel Cane, CEO and co-founder (Palm Beach County)
- ndtArtemis, Travis Proctor, CEO (Brevard County)
- RP Funding, Inc., Robert Palmer, president (Seminole County)
- Utilipath, LLC, Lindon Hayes, founder and managing member (Duval County)
- Voalté, Trey Lauderdale, chief innovation officer (Sarasota County)
Companies that have been denoted as the top job producers in the state of Florida will also be recognized at tonights event. These organizations represent various industries, including information technology, life sciences, agriculture and hospitality. The top job producers come from all regions of the state, including Miami, Panama City, Naples and Jacksonville.
* * *
The 2012 Governor's Innovators in Business Awards program is co-sponsored by Bank of America and Florida Trend magazine. For more information about the awards, please visit http://eflorida.com/govawards.
* * *
Enterprise Florida, Inc. (www.eflorida.com) is a partnership between Florida's business and government leaders and is the principal economic development organization for the state of Florida. Headquartered in Orlando, Enterprise Floridas mission is to facilitate job growth for Floridas businesses and citizens leading to a vibrant statewide economy. In pursuit of its mission, Enterprise Florida works closely with a statewide network of economic development partners and is funded both by the State of Florida and by private-sector businesses.
Send this page to a friend
Show Other Stories